Sweet Sunday: Dreamy vegan orange creamsicleSeptember 1, 2013 at 10:00 am | Posted in recipe, VeganMoFo | 1 Comment
Tags: creamer, creamsicle, dreamy, dreamy vegan orange creamsicles, ice pop, MIA, month of food, orange, orange creamsicle, orange juice, orange zest, popsicle, raspberry extract, recipe, Silk, Sweet Sunday, vegan, vegan mofo, Vegan Month of Food, vegetarian
This is my 100th post.
I meant to have a contest and I got really excited, but then the gifts didn’t pan out, then I got disappointed, and then I got busy.
I found my wedding dress and have been helping my bridesmaids find theirs. I have been working my butt off with freelance work, in order to save more for the wedding, and I started going to a chiropractor three times a week for my horrible back issues.
But today is a new day: It is the beginning of Vegan MoFo (Month of Food)!!!
To kick it off, I am giving you this quick vegan orange creamsicle recipe, which are dreamy to eat, low on calories and don’t use additional sweeteners. It is a bit tart and a bit sweet, everything a good ice pop should be.
Dreamy vegan orange creamsicles
Serves 4 (Can be doubled or more)
- 1 cup natural orange juice (I used Simply Orange)
- 1 cup Silk creamer, French vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Place orange juice, creamer and raspberry extract into a Magic Bullet blender cup or in a medium bowl. Zest orange skin and add to the mixture.
- Either blend for 5 seconds or whisk briskly in the bowl with a wire whisk.
- Pour your mixture into the molds and add a lid or stick.
- Chill for a few hours, anywhere from 5 to 7 hours or more.
- Take ice pop out of mold and enjoy!